Westbound IH-635 at the Dallas North Tollway will receive its final layer of pavement this weekend, weather permitting. This will lead to a full freeway closure in this area lasting Friday evening through Monday morning.
The schedule for the work and associated closures is as follows:
Beginning Friday, June 26 at 9 p.m. to Monday, June 29 at 6 a.m., all lanes along westbound IH-635 between the Inwood Road exit to just west of the Dallas North Tollway will be closed. All westbound traffic will be detoured to the frontage road, and may use the Midway Road bypass and the on-ramp after Midway to access westbound IH 635.
The following ramps and city streets will also be affected throughout the weekend:
- Northbound and southbound Welch at IH 635 will be closed (the WB-to-EB U-turn at Welch will be open at this time)
- Southbound Inwood at IH 635 will be closed.
- Southbound Noel Road at James Temple Dr. will be closed.
- Northbound Dallas Parkway at IH 635 will be closed.
- Exit ramp from westbound IH-635 to northbound DNT closed.
- Loop ramp from northbound DNT to westbound IH-635 closed.
- Loop ramp from westbound IH-635 to southbound DNT closed.
- Westbound exit ramp to Marsh Lane will be closed
- Westbound frontage road at Midway will be closed (traffic will need take the bypass to access the entrance ramp to westbound IH-635)
- The exit ramp from southbound DNT to westbound IH-635 will remain open except:
- Saturday, June 27 from 8 p.m. to noon
- Sunday, June 28 from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
All motorists are advised to plan commutes ahead of time and seek alternate routes if possible. All work is weather permitting and may be postponed. Message boards and signs will be placed along the roadway to alert motorists of closures and detours.
The work described is part of several full freeway closures scheduled in the next few weeks to place final pavement on the newly constructed main lanes.