What to Expect Over the Next Couple of Months on LBJ
ALL BYPASS LANES AND FRONTAGE ROADS ON I-635 BETWEEN JOSEY AND MIDWAY WILL BE OPEN BY THANKSGIVING 2013.
Over the coming weeks, drivers will witness innovative efforts of project planners to increase local mobility for adjacent businesses and motorist by ramping up construction of bypass lanes and frontage roads in many areas between the Dallas North Tollway and I-35.
- By taking advantage of lower summertime traffic volumes it will allow for the opening of the new continuous frontage roads and all the bypass lanes this year rather than the end of 2015.
- Providing improved incident responses in the corridor and increasing local mobility for adjacent businesses and the traveling public.
- One main lane in each direction of LBJ between I-35 and the Dallas North Tollway (DNT) will be utilized to construct bypass lanes 2 years earlier than planned.
- Upcoming Configuration — 3 lanes with 10’ shoulders and longer ramps, in most areas, providing emergency vehicle access for incident responses.
- The 3 lane configuration will be in place until the end of the project, however as progress is made new pavement will open.
MAP OF UPCOMING OPERATIONS IN PLACE BY THANKSGIVING
Note: A bypass lane is an auxiliary lane that allows drivers to bypass signals at major intersections. They allow for the continuous flow of traffic along the frontage road.